I get asked all the time: what are you favorite tools I use in my photography business? Let's dive into a few that I couldn't run my business without!
This post may contain affiliate links and I may earn a small commission when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
My first suggestion is extremely inexpensive, and is a tool I use every single day in my business. Planoly allows me to easily plan out my Instagram feed in way that will appeal to luxury clients.
- Easily send, receive, and keep track of business invoices.
- Easily connect to Quickbooks to automatically keep track of all incoming payments.
- Keep client folders with notes, attachments, etc. Much easier than a Google Spreadsheet!
- Allow for online payments.
- Get 10% OFF your membership here.
Why Use GreenToe?
- Save tons of money on new photography gear! (like...no joke).
- Get Free Shipping + Taxes included in final price (unlike most stores you buy from).
- Comes with all warranties, receipts, etc.
- I typically use this when I'm purchasing a larger, brand new product. I recently bought both of my Canon R6's from this website. I got both for about $250 less than market rate, PLUS I didn't pay shipping or taxes on that.
- You can find my affiliate link here.
Why Use Nanuk?
- Very sturdy; customizable interior.
- Room up top for laptop, cards, batteries, etc.
- Fits into the standard size airplane overhead bin, making it my go-to case to travel with.
- Not very expensive. Can get quickly from Amazon.
- Multiple color options!
- You can find my exact case here.
- The easiest way to keep track of all expenses, incoming payments, overdue or upcoming invoices, etc.
- Easy to use Reports that I send directly to my Accountants + Tax Assistance.
- Syncs with many different businesses including: Etsy, 17Hats, PayPal, Amazon Business, Square, Shopify, and many more.
- Get up to 50% OFF + a $50 Visa Gift Card for you Business here.
Favorite Gear For Photographers:
- Incredible, versatile camera strap for mirrorless cameras.
- High-quality messenger bag/tote for camera equipment.
- Small "field pouch" camera bag - perfect for day-trips, carrying film, and neatly storing gear within your larger bag.
- Travel backpack for your cameras: go from a shoulder bag, to a backpack, to a handle bag. Perfect if you're planning a trip + need your gear with you.
BACK TO ALL BUSINESS TOOL SUGGESTIONS